Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A stupid lady from an agent called me this morning and asked me to go to Fanling to teach a 5-week F.7 remedial course. She gave me flattery, saying that I was so capable and experienced (all of a sudden?). I said it's too far away and I'm too busy. She said she would raise the price for me. I asked for 900 for 2 hours. She said she'd consider it.

After I hung up, I realised I had to attend the postgraduate seminar every Tuesday in HKU and it clashed with the Fanling schedule. In order not to waste their time and energy on the money negotiation, I called back and told them not to bother anymore. She told me "Nevermind, we could only afford $250 per hour only". Cunt, you gotta pay for the right people.

Another woman. She proposed that I should meet the boss once again in the future. Today, I asked her to kindly schedule it for me. She said, "I'm not sure if the boss wants to see you." Fuck x 1000. I am sure I know how to pronounce 'grin' correctly.

My heart filled resentment and unrecognized anger, I took the MTR to Admiralty and changed the bus there to get back to HKU. I stopped by my office to get back some notes and some books for the final chapter of my thesis. Then I went to Swire Hall canteen. I was surprised that it's already closed at 8pm. What kind of canteen closes during dinner time? I've no idea. I took a taxi to the McDonald's near the indoor volleyball court. When I was placing my order, I noticed the restaurant was playing 小飛俠. I froze for a few seconds, enjoying the sudden attack of the 窩心 feeling: "陪你渡過春天 陪你渡過秋天 陪你直到冬天我怕與你沒法一起蛻變".

Next to me, there was a girl in her school uniform. She seemed to be a friend of the cashier girl. They looked like, so I guess they're friends. The cashier girl proudly told her that she could give her a discount on the food. I felt that their lives were easy, worriless, or maybe goal-less. What kind of future would they have by selling hamburgers? Maybe they're already comfortable with what they have. At least they looked happy.

Curry Pork Bun combo with a crawfish soup (a.k.a fake lobster soup in my dietary language), I got a call from Charles. He's also heading to McDonald's to get the same combo? At that moment, I felt better. I knew I was not the only one.

從前有個男孩夜裡說想約我於森林見面.........

No comments: